Friday 22 October 2010

Back to patterns




Well, I'm still busy with various things.
I'm a little bit sad at the moment because I'd set my heart on a particular job, spent ages on the application form, did a really good interview... then didn't get it, because the other candidates had more experience.

I know, I know, it's the old cliche, but how am I supposed to get experience if no one will give me a chance?! I've done several internships, but now the time has come when I really need to get a proper job and start paying the rent like a grown up. And I don't just want a job to pay the rent - I want a job because I know that's what I need to feel fulfilled on a day to day basis. I'm at my happiest when I'm busy, preferably being creative, but generally just working and earning enough money to live!

Well, I'm not going to let it get me down, I just need to keep busy with my own projects, some small freelance jobs, and carrying on applying for work.

Anyway, these are kind of a sideline from something else I've been working on. I've always really enjoyed creating abstract patterns, and then finding applications for them... so these are just initial stages of something I might continue with.




No comments: