Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Hourly comic day 2015

So I don't think this year's hourly comic day is as good as last year's hourly comic day...
It's not particularly amusing, but it is in COLOUR!
So here's a typical-ish weekend day in the life of me, in far too much detail. 

In the first hour of February 1st, I was at the Cowley Club for our friend Hannah's leaving party. It was 'teen goth' themed, and the playlist was packed with all the songs people like me listened to in our mid/late teens. I got quite excited by Placebo and then got tired and went home. And then stayed up far too late watching Community because it's some of the most moreish telly out there.

Alex stayed up even later than me, and eventually fell asleep in his own room so as not to disturb me. I, meanwhile, got so cold that I slept in a horribly cramped, uncomfortable foetal position in order to keep warm, and woke up achey.

Eventually I heaved myself out of bed, shovelled a load of houmous into my mouth, and did all the drawings that had happened so far.

Then I walked to church in the sun. I've started going to Quaker church recently, instead of C of E. It feels like the right thing at the moment.

I did a fairly basic drawing of the layout of Quaker church. It’s a really nice space.
After that I started walking home…

...but became distracted by SHOPPING. First weekend after payday, innit. I'm nothing if not predictable.

Treated myself to bibimbap on the way back, then came home to eat it and catch up with drawing.

INTERNET! For a while, then started the walk to climbing. It's about an hour's walk from home, so bonus good exercise! Bumped into our friend Caroline on the way, which was nice.

At climbing I warmed up with some easy climbs...

Matthew was there too, and he egged me on to get over one that's been stumping me since day one. I was thoroughly undignified.

I tired myself out and got the train home. As soon as I got back, I got to work on making spanakopita, starting with the vegan 'feta' mix. SO GOOD. (Recipe here)

Spent the next hour on cooking tasks and cleaning the kitchen...

And then, DONE! The spanakopita was very good and that made me happy. I bathed in that happiness for a while, and then did the washing up.

Alex had a couple of friends over for boardgames, but I antisocially came upstairs to catch up on my drawings.

Spent a happy hour watching Dragon's Den and painting.

Then some more internet time wasting, downstairs for spanakopita leftovers, and shower....

Hug with Alex (who always stays up way later than me), and then to bed.


No comments: