Thursday 19 August 2010

Crush

Another quiet time for blogging, but not through lack of work!

This week (and next) I am interning with Crush, who are delightful. While I do feel that I have a long way to go to reach the high standards of their work, for once, I feel that it's technical skill rather than lack of ideas that is holding me back. Photoshop, metaphorically speaking, is a bit like an iceberg, and the bit above the water - that's the bit I know. There are vast, unfathomable depths to that program that I have absolutely no idea about, and that distresses me, because I really want to be good at what I do.
I know that in the last three years I've learnt a lot, but not nearly enough. Today? I learnt how to lock and unlock layers, which I now realise is a mind numbingly basic function. Oh, and how to select multiple areas of the same colour. (Yeah, that would have been pretttty handy during my exam project. Facepalm)

Anyway, enough talk about my lack of photoshop skillz. I've produced some work I'm pleased with, although unfortunately I can't show you just yet.

But here's some of my current surroundings.


And here's a sneaky tease of something I've been working on.

No comments: