Tuesday 2 August 2016

I'm still drawing illustrations of every single Queen song to ever have been written what am I doing with my life

My partner's valiant mission to review every single Queen song continues...

And in case you've forgotten, I ridiculously agreed to illustrate every one, a project which I've become remarkably passionate about, despite still hating Queen and most of the time just wanting it to be over. We just completed the Flash Gordon soundtrack for July, and let me tell you, there's an album with TOO MANY TRACKS.

Anyway, some of my favourites from the last few months...



Fight from the inside


More of that Jazz


Fun it

Dreamer's Ball
(This, and others, make use of Flickr's incredible collection of copyright free historic illustrations, which you can access by searching for keywords with the 'no known copyright restrictions' filter applied. Some keywords work better than others, but it's an amazing resource for collage and full of incredible oddities. Explore it.)

Jealousy


Need Your Loving Tonight


Another One Bites The Dust


Battle Theme


Flash to the Rescue


Escape from the Swamp


Arboria (Planet of the Tree Men)

The Kiss (Aura Resurrects Flash)


In the Death Cell (Love theme reprise)

Bear in mind... I typically spend 20 minutes or less on these because there are just so many to get through and if I spent any more time it would feel like my entire life was illustrating Queen songs (it sometimes feels that way anyway). These are some of my favourites... If you want to see all the bad ones too, you should read the blog!

We're just getting started on album number 10, 'Hot Space'...

No comments: